Sunday 14 July 2013

Welcome & Preface

"Vitam Deus strode into Hangar C-32 and his eyes gleamed as he looked upon the hull of the new Ibis, given to him by the Science and Trade Institute in Jouvulen. It may not have been much, but it was his ship, HE owned it."

If someone were to ask me what it felt like starting out in Eve Online, I would compare it to starting out in life at the age of 18. You know how to walk, but that is about it. You walk(or fly rather) out into a world that you know nothing about, faced with a million possibilities, and you have no idea what to do next. So you do some tutorial missions, and close you eyes... hoping you don't mess up.


Welcome and other silly things
Firsty, I welcome you to my blog, a place for me to ponder about the world(of Eve) and rant on about the woes and troubles of being an Industrialist(or "Carebear" if you wish) in Eve Online. I do ask that you forgive my writing style as I am no great writer.

I would like to leave you with an open mandate to call me out on any silly comments and/or incorrect assumptions I make. However, I do ask that you refrain from making any snide and/or any comments meant to be insulting. This IS a personal blog and as such you do NOT have to read it if you dislike it.

To summarize: if you are just here to troll or spread propaganda, then I ask you to vacate these premises as fast as your stubby troll legs can carry you.

About me
While I don't like sharing too much about myself online, there are a few things I don't mind sharing. I am a Java Developer, I like it and its easy to work with. I do have a few projects in the works for Eve Online and I hope that they will benefit the community.

Gaming is a passion of mine and I have enjoyed titles such as Call of Duty 4, Freelancer, Minecraft and a few others over the years. I tend to dive head first into a game and immerse myself in it, probably to the point where people questioned whether it was healthy. But, as always, there are new games to discover, and old games to give another go.

You may notice that "Vitam Deus" is unknown on the internet(there are some results for "deus vitam" however that is not me) as this is a online handle I have chosen to use for Eve Online.

Website
I'm rather new to the whole blogger thing, so if you have comments or suggestions about using blogger/blogspot then please do let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment

To comment as an anon user simply select "Anonymous" in the 'Comment as' drop down box. Select "Name/url" to comment w/ a name.