Monday 15 July 2013

Tools of the Trade

"The hum of the mining lasers sang a soft song to Vitam's ears, they wooed him, and teased him, promising riches beyond those he had ever owned. His false sense of security dulled his mind, and he slowly drifted off to sleep, only to awake in a clone vat."

Being an Industrialist and/or Entrepreneur in Eve Online is no easy task. It takes time, effort and some grey matter. While quite a few players prefer doing things in a more old fashioned way (Excel spreadsheets anyone?) I believe in choosing the best tool for the job, even if I have to program that tool myself.

While there are many Industry & Trade related tools out there, I decided that I would write my own, and to take it to a whole new level while I'm at it... And so EveVerse was born.

EveVerse is a modular application that provides common functionality that developers would need, such as:

  • Access to the Eve Online API, without having to code it themselves.
  • Access to Eve Central API.
  • Fully fledged windowing system(Something that could take years to write from the ground up).
  • Single place where users can install your module from.
  • It Auto-updates!

For the users:
  • All the tools you need in a single, easy-to-use application.
  • Open marketplace where you can download and install modules from.
  • Pretty graphs and reports(If the developer chooses to use them)
(Note: this is not a conclusive list as such it may change in future)

The goal of this project is simply to make life easier, for both the developer, and the user. And for me, I write far too many small tools.

No comments:

Post a Comment

To comment as an anon user simply select "Anonymous" in the 'Comment as' drop down box. Select "Name/url" to comment w/ a name.